Grady Health System Mobilizes its Workforce with Kronos
February 21st, 2011 at 2:52 pm
ORLANDO, Feb. 21, 2011 — Grady Health System, one of the largest public hospitals in the U.S., is saving time and money by staffing more effectively with the mobile scheduling application from Kronos Incorporated. Part of the next generation of workforce management solutions from Kronos®, the mobile application allows managers to instantly engage with employees to fill open shifts quickly using a variety of mobile devices.
- Grady, a decade-long user of Kronos’ integrated time and attendance and employee scheduling solutions, implemented the mobile scheduling application to be used by 1,800 employees across its 900-bed operation.
- As the only level-one trauma center within 100 miles of Atlanta, Grady previously required six employees to manage the central staffing office. The volume of “call-outs” was also very high.
- With Kronos’ mobile scheduling solution, Grady streamlined the process by leveraging mobile technology to reach employees quickly. Managers now broadcast a text message to the mobile devices of employees who are qualified to fill an open shift. Once an employee accepts the shift, it is automatically assigned, and a second message notifies employees that the shift has been filled. Meanwhile, the work schedule is automatically updated in the Kronos scheduling application, dramatically reducing the work involved with filling open shifts.
- As a result, the organization is able to secure qualified and available staff to fill open shifts in minutes. This enables Grady to more easily respond to changes, reducing dependence on overtime use. By leveraging technology to communicate with groups of qualified staff all at once, fewer staff are needed to manage the process of filling open shifts.
- Grady selected the Kronos mobile application because of its advanced functionality, including the ability to alert only qualified employees to fill open shifts. Nurses at Grady appreciate that Kronos creates a level playing field, as all qualified employees are notified of open shifts simultaneously, eliminating favoritism.