Forest City Enterprises Extends Use of Kronos for Greater Operational Efficiencies; Saves $500,000+ Annually
August 31st, 2015 at 10:17 am
CHELMSFORD, Mass., Aug. 24, 2015 – Kronos Incorporated today announced that Forest City Enterprises, a premier real estate development and management company, has expanded its use of the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions. With added mobile capabilities, the organization has gained greater efficiencies, cost savings, and further enhanced employee engagement.
- An existing user of Kronos, Forest City Enterprises added mobile applications for increased visibility and easier access to the Kronos solution. This helped the organization save half a million dollars annually by allowing field workers to enter time through mobile devices directly from their worksite, eliminating travel time back to a central location.
- For added innovation in how Forest City Enterprises collects employee time-worked data, employees are using Kronos InTouch biometric time clocks, enabling them to indicate the specific jobs they worked on and track their time accurately. Managers also have visibility into job costs with Kronos and can track hours relative to project budgets, reducing unnecessary overtime by 25 to 30 percent.
- With properties across 25 states, Forest City Enterprises has also centralized all pay and work rules by programming federal, state, and union work and pay rules into the Kronos solution so they are applied fairly and accurately by location across the company. This has significantly eased the compliance management process as complex meal, break, and overtime rules are now applied consistently, leading to more accurate overtime calculation.
- Among other efficiency benefits, Forest City Enterprises is also supporting its rapid growth by automating and standardizing payroll processes with Kronos. With Kronos, the organization now helps ensure accuracy of payroll, reducing payroll processing time to just three-to-four hours per pay period.
- To further increase engagement across their workforce, employees and managers at Forest City Enterprises use self-service tools to access hours, schedules, and accrual information as well as request and approve time off.
Leave a Reply