Global Automotive Manufacturers Accelerate Innovation with Kronos
July 21st, 2014 at 11:07 am
CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 21, 2014 – Global automotive manufacturing brands such as Ford, Jaguar, Mitsubishi, Renault-Nissan, and Volkswagen are increasingly turning to workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to meet innovation and cost demands. In fact, the majority of the Forbes Top 10 global automakers are Kronos customers.
- Today’s automotive manufacturers – from parts suppliers to original equipment manufacturers – are more actively looking for ways to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity to support innovation efforts and maintain competitive advantage. Automotive manufacturers around the world use Kronos workforce management solutions to achieve these benefits by more effectively managing labor, their largest controllable expense and biggest competitive differentiator.
- The Kronos suite of workforce management solutions helps manufacturers across the global automotive supply chain drive operational efficiencies by:
- Reconciling payroll to direct and indirect production hours, demonstrating actual labor costs across plant operations;
- Creating schedules that optimize labor resource utilization, minimize equipment downtime, and reduce reliance on unplanned overtime;
- Providing real-time visibility into shop floor labor activities – from manual processes and production cells – to assembly lines; and
- Streamlining compliance efforts by automatically enforcing union work, pay, and scheduling rules while accurately tracking policy, performance, and safety infractions.
- Automation of critical workforce management processes ultimately helps automotive manufacturers optimize efficiencies and drive higher levels of innovation and growth.
- Andrew Whaley, manager, finance, Mitsubishi Motors North America
“We can easily generate labor reports each day with Kronos and these help us keep the appropriate amount of associates on the line. This has enabled us to save nearly $50,000-100,000 per month – a major part of the overall savings we have realized with Kronos.”
- Ramuni Nair, head of human resources, Renault-Nissan Automotive India
“We were keen on a completely automated workforce management solution to manage our rapidly growing workforce, and yet maintain our high levels of efficiency and productivity. We evaluated multiple solutions and chose Kronos, as its solution could accommodate all of our requirements. In addition, Kronos has an established presence in large manufacturing organizations in India and offers best practices for global automotive companies.”
- Agustin Salas, human resources manager, Volkswagen, Mexico
“We have saved nearly $900,000 through maintenance and overtime control and other efficiencies with Kronos. Kronos enables our plant management to secure accurate and on-time data on labor costs to help improve overall budget management.”
- Charlie DeWitt, vice president, business development, Kronos
“The complexities in automotive manufacturing require a focus on process innovation to maintain high levels of efficiencies. At Kronos, we are committed to helping our automotive customers by supporting and quantifying daily improvements in labor productivity through advanced workforce management solutions, which are easy to own-and-implement.”