Kronos Boosts SMB Performance with New Release of Workforce Ready Suite
October 7th, 2013 at 9:59 am
LAS VEGAS – HR Technology Conference & Exposition – Oct. 7, 2013 – Kronos Incorporated today announced the latest version of its Workforce Ready™ workforce management cloud suite, including global capabilities; new applications to help small and midsize businesses (SMBs) minimize risk associated with labor law compliance; and a range of ease-of-use enhancements.
- Workforce Ready delivers enterprise-class workforce management solutions at a fraction of the cost to small and midsize businesses looking to gain a competitive advantage. The cloud platform provides a single view of employee data across human resources, payroll, and time and attendance records for simplified and real-time workforce management.
- Extended global capabilities – Workforce Ready now includes global workforce management capabilities including:
- Control absenteeism – Workforce Ready incorporates the Bradford Factor, a formula that is commonly used in the U.K. to measure the impact of employee absenteeism. The formula helps organizations define what constitutes absences; identify unreliable employees; set warnings when pre-set thresholds for absences are exceeded; and track absence trends with powerful real-time reporting.
- Manage overtime and employee leave – Workforce Ready allows organizations to track overtime requests, country-mandated time off, and vacation time while ensuring compliance with country-specific and regional mandates such as the European Union’s Working Time Directive.
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance – With ACA deadlines looming, a new ACA Manager™ application helps SMBs proactively manage their ACA compliance strategy across the entire organization, including both part- and full-time employees. With ACA Manager, SMBs gain:
- Comprehensive visibility – Preconfigured current and historical reporting with the ability to drill down to the individual employee level.
- Awareness and enforcement – Notifies managers when an employee’s ACA eligibility status changes and allows organizations to institute rules that enforce scheduling strategies.
- Unified administration – Easily automates affordability calculations and the benefit enrollment process with a single record for each employee across HR/benefits administration, time and attendance, and payroll.
- Leave management compliance – Workforce Ready now helps organizations automate the enforcement and tracking of federal, state, and employer-specific leave polices and requirements for a variety of qualified leave types, including the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Workforce Ready Leave Manager:
- Helps ensure accuracy and reduce risk – Automating leave administration, Workforce Ready ensures that leave cases are managed accurately and thoroughly, reducing errors from manual processes to avoid costly litigation and employee grievances.
- Improves visibility and productivity – HR administrators are just one click away from accurate data and comprehensive visibility of employee leave availability and eligibility, while leave frequency and duration tracking is fully automated to increase efficiency.
- Reduces labor costs – Prevent ineligible/unauthorized time off and ensure employees return on time by tracking time and eligibility in every leave case, with built-in notifications to control the potentially high cost of absence.
- Ease-of-use enhancements – Workforce Ready now includes a graphical business process workflow engine that can be tailored to a specific organization’s environment, increasing efficiency and HR productivity. It also makes complying with Workers’ Compensation regulations easier by tying deductions to vendor policies, helping organizations automatically pay the amount owed to these vendors.
- Extending Workforce Ready via Kronos Workforce Ready Marketplace – Designed to bring a consumer-driven buying experience to workforce management, the Workforce Ready Marketplace allows SMBs to easily customize their cloud platform with complimentary applications. Now available directly through Workforce Ready are new third-party applications such as PayScale compensation reports, Kronos® Workforce Talent Acquisition™ Express, and a HR and Payroll Compliance library from CCH. Additionally Kronos now offers an additional payroll tax compliance solution from Business Software Inc.