Kronos CEO Aron Ain Wins Ernst And Young Entrepreneur of the Year® Award
July 9th, 2012 at 8:27 am
CHELMSFORD, Mass., June 28, 2012 — Kronos Incorporated today announced that the company’s Chief Executive Officer Aron Ain is the recipient of an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in New England.
- The prestigious awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their business and community. Awards were presented at a gala in Boston on June 21.
- A panel of independent judges selected Ain as the winner in the Technology category.
- Since he joined Kronos in 1979, Ain has played a role in nearly every functional area at the company, helping to build what is today a 3,500-employee, $800-million global enterprise software company. Ain assumed the roles of chief executive officer and member of the Kronos Board of Directors in 2005. In 2007, Ain played the leading role in negotiating the sale of Kronos to private equity firm Hellman & Friedman for $1.8 billion.
- In 2011, Ain accompanied Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and a coalition of business executives, academic leaders, and government officials on the Massachusetts-Brazil Innovation Economy Mission to pursue job growth and economic development partnerships between Massachusetts and Brazil.
- An active participant in the community, Ain is the vice chairman of the Board of Trustees of MetroWest Medical Center, serves on the Board of Trustees of Hamilton College, and also contributes his time to several other community-based organizations that enhance the lives of people in New England and around the world.
- Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions, one of New England’s largest technology employers, and the largest private employer in Chelmsford, Mass. where the company is headquartered. Kronos hired nearly 600 people worldwide in the past year and is actively hiring, with more than 200 current job openings worldwide.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“I’m honored to be recognized by Ernst & Young among so many inspiring and visionary business leaders. Running a company is not an individual sport – it’s a team effort. It’s also not a spectator sport – it takes active participation, innovative thinking, and commitment from our employees and so many others who support our company. Kronos has a wonderfully bright future ahead!