Kronos Helps YMCAs Manage the Double Bottom Line
July 22nd, 2013 at 12:32 pm
PHILADELPHIA, July 18, 2013 – Faced with the challenge of balancing a double bottom line of doing social good and managing limited budgets, YMCAs across the country are turning to workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated. YMCAs of Honolulu, Greater Charlotte, the Greater Twin Cities, Metropolitan Chicago, Metropolitan Dallas, and the Triangle Area are among the many YMCAs optimizing a complex and disparate workforce with Kronos for improved operations across hundreds of branch locations, camps, and program sites.
- With a high percentage of part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees working multiple jobs across disparate locations, YMCAs are increasingly turning to a centralized, automated solution from Kronos to control budgets by accurately tracking workforce-related functions and associated costs. This is becoming more important as organizations – particularly those with a large mix of part-time employees – are looking to proactively manage costs and requirements related to upcoming Affordable Care Act compliance.
- With labor costs accounting for a significant portion of YMCA budgets, many YMCA leadership teams are relying on the advanced reporting capabilities of Kronos to gain a clear picture of how labor costs are being allocated across branches, programs, and grants.
- To ensure the delivery of safe, quality programs and services to members, YMCAs are also leveraging a solution from Kronos to streamline the hiring process and gain the visibility and insight necessary to identify quality workers that meet member needs and support the YMCA mission.
- Kronos also helps YMCAs stay in compliance with federal regulations including FMLA and FLSA, enabling them to more effectively control employee attendance, scheduling, and leave information. For added safety and enhanced community service, Kronos helps YMCAs ensure that only qualified and certified employees are scheduled for specific tasks; staff-to-participant ratios are compliant; and licenses and certifications are up to date.
- Replacing time-consuming, manual processes and inefficient homegrown systems with easy-to-use and easy-to-own solutions, Kronos enables YMCA employees to focus their time and resources on strategic, mission-based objectives and the delivery of quality services. Ultimately, by helping control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity, Kronos helps YMCAs support their double bottom-line objectives.
Leave a Reply