Kronos Unveils Latest Version of Workforce Mobile
October 3rd, 2011 at 9:04 am
LAS VEGAS — HR Technology Conference & Exposition — Oct. 3, 2011 —Kronos Incorporated today announced the latest version of its award winning mobile applications, continuing to deliver on its commitment to develop the next generation of workforce management. Kronos® Workforce Mobile™ applications improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices.
- Kronos mobile applications give employees and managers flexibility in how they interact with each other and provide an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central® suite. For employees, this translates into easy access to critical aspects of their working life from the mobile devices they already use and are familiar with. For managers, it means more time to focus on running their operation.
- Enhancements to Workforce Mobile include:
- MobileViews – Most organizations have developed unique self-service processes for the most frequently performed tasks – for example, viewing a holiday schedule. With MobileViews, organizations can leverage Kronos-designed MobileViews or write their own custom applications and have them added to the Kronos mobile solution, providing an individualized, high-value experience to end users.
- Labor Detail – Employees now have the option to select from a list of personalized labor levels to indicate which role they are performing, and can also complete pay code and job transfers via their mobile device. Labor Detail functionality allows organizations to capture more detailed information about an employee’s activity, helping to ensure that they are properly compensated and that costs are appropriately allocated.
- Barcode Scanning – Workforce Mobile now offers the capability to scan barcodes, eliminating time spent typing in work order numbers or activity levels. By implementing Workforce Mobile with barcode scanning, organizations can eliminate the need for fixed mount barcode scanning devices and complex kiosk-based data collection stations in multiple locations around the workplace.
- Visibility and Data Control – From improved content and filtering, and easier timecard approvals, to an improved schedule view that includes pay codes, Workforce Mobile now makes it easier for managers responsible for large groups of employees to manage them easily and effectively within the application. Improvements have also been made in GPS data collection and session timeout controls.
- The latest version of Kronos Workforce Mobile applications will be available later this month in Chinese (simplified and traditional), English, Dutch, French, and Spanish.
- To try Kronos Workforce Mobile, download version 2 which includes a demo at: www.kronos.com/mobile.
- Kronos mobile applications are delivered as native applications for the Android™, iPhone® (also runs on iPad® tablet), and BlackBerry®, providing a familiar user experience in each environment. A JavaME option is also available which runs on a wide range of feature phones.